Check out these 2 Chai Recipes to keep you warm this winter.
Are you feeling that winter chill? Not sure what to do with your evenings? Why not treat yourself to a cup of Chai? A cup of Chai is like giving yourself a big hug…. So be nice to yourself and try one of these receipies from Studio MindBody Fuengirola.
Simple Ginger Chai
(Ginger keeps you healthy and boosts your immune system)
- Put half a cup of water in a pan.
- Mix in a spoonful of black tea leaves, a spoonful of crushed fresh ginger and sugar as needed. Optionally a little bit of crushed cardamom too.
- Boil the mixture for about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour half a cup of milk into the mix and boil for 2 minutes.
- Filter it into a cup or glass
Vegan Chai Hot Chocolate with a Coconut Twist
(Try this mixture of chai and hot chocolate, perfect if you like the taste of coconut)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw chocolate nibs
- 1-3 teaspoons of vanilla sugar (depends how sweet you want it…)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
Place all ingredients in a medium size sauce pan. Bring to a low simmer for 2-3 mins (don’t boil) and stir until spices, raw chocolate and sugar have dissolved. Serve from your favourite mugs!
Happy tea making!