Immune-boosting tea recipe from Studio MindBody Fuengirola
It’s that time of the year again, cold and flu season is upon us and Studio MindBody Fuengirola have sent us a great little Recipe / Nutrition Tip to help you boost your immune system…
By building a healthy immune system germs are not able to survive as easily. You can boost your immune system by eating lots of fruits and vegetables, cutting back on processed foods and sugar and of course by making time for exercise and getting enough sleep.
But if you’re just beginning to feel that scratch in your throat, you can try this homemade, immune-boosting tea that kills bacteria, relieves pain and allows you to naturally fight back.
- 3 cups of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Add all ingredients (except honey) to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a big mug
- When the tea has cooled down a little, add honey and stir, adding more if necessary.
Enjoy and stay healthy this winter.